Join the Bloomington-Normal Human Resource Council for our upcoming virtual chapter meeting on October 27th!
Featured Topic: Crucial Conversations
Speaker: Dr. Rick Ringer, Professor and Director of the Organizational Leadership Institution of Illinois State University.
This session will focus on a key leadership skill: holding crucial conversations. Crucial conversations refer to those conversations in which:
- 1. The stakes are high, and at least one of the participants faces the possibility of “loss”
- 2. Opinions and perspectives about the issue/situation vary
- 3. Emotions are strong
The result if that there is fear/anxiety associated with crucial conversations because of the possibility of intense conflict, anger, personal attacks, and the loss of psychological safety.
The session will offer insights and perspectives regarding how participants can be more effective in holding crucial conversations.
Specific learning objectives:
What will attendees learn as a result of attending?
What are the take-aways?
Why is this presentation important for HR professionals to attend?
Participants should learn
- 1. Why having crucial conversations matters
- 2. The key individual/organizational attributes that contribute to healthy/productive conversations
- 3. Specific steps to that can contribute to healthy/productive crucial conversations
RE-CERTIFICATION CREDITS AVAILABLE! 1 hour general HRCI and 1 SHRM PDC
Meeting Agenda: BNHRC is committed to the personal and professional development of Human Resources professionals and offering opportunities for networking.
- 11:45 AM - Announcements
- 12:00 PM - Presentation, followed by Q&A
Registration Deadline: 12:00 noon on Wednesday, October 26th.
Guests are welcome to attend. The guest fee is $25. Potential new members and first time guests can attend their first meeting for free! Please click here to review our event payment policies.