Join us at our May chapter meeting as we celebrate the 55th anniversary of the Bloomington-Normal Human Resource Council!
We’re pleased to host our SHRM Field Services Director, Callie Zipple, at our May meeting. Callie will be joining us to help celebrate the 55th anniversary of BNHRC, provide an update on what's going on at SHRM, and she will be our guest speaker. This is a great opportunity for our members and guests to meet her and ask questions!
The SHRM Foundation Book Nook is back! We are hosting a book sale at our next meeting. Books will be related to HR and Leadership. Bring cash - books will be on sale for $5 each. All proceeds will benefit the SHRM Foundation!
Featured presentation: Six Smart HR Strategies to Address Today's Serious Skills Gap
Presented by: Callie Zipple, SHRM Field Services Director
What is the U.S. Skills Gap and why does it matter to your organization and to our country? In this session, you will learn the answers to those two important questions and explore six HR strategies that can help your organization close its Skills Gap:
1) Partner with local Workforce Development Boards
2) Work jointly with educational institutions
3) Conduct professional development
4) Establish apprenticeships
5) Retain your Baby Boomers, and
6) Hire Veterans, ex-offenders, and disabled workers.
You will analyze how these strategies can affect your organizational bottom line and ability to compete successfully.
- Registration and networking* will begin at 11:30 AM.
- Announcements and brief update from Callie Zipple, SHRM Field Services Director will begin at approx. 11:45 AM.
- Lunch will be served at approx. 11:45 AM.
- Presentation will begin at approx. 12:00 PM.
- The SHRM Foundation Book Nook will be open before and after the meeting.
*BNHRC is committed to the personal and professional development of human resources professionals and offering opportunities for networking. If you are interested in networking and learning from your HR peers, there will be discussion topics available for your table to discuss prior to the presentation.
Menu: meals include fresh garden salad, fries, coleslaw, and your choice of coffee, iced tea and water. Cake will also be served in recognition of our 55th anniversary.
- Main Entrée: BBQ Pork Sandwich
- Vegetarian Option: Veggie Burger
A friendly reminder of our event payment policies:
- Guest Fee Payment Policy: All applicable guest fees must be paid online prior to the RSVP deadline for the event. Any registrations associated with unpaid guest fees will be cancelled if payment is not received by this deadline.
- Cancellation Policy: You may cancel any time prior to the RSVP deadline of the event and receive a refund or credit toward a future program. Please contact email@example.com to confirm your cancellation and to make arrangements for a refund or credit. If you cancel after registration has closed, there is no refund or credit available as the attendee headcount has been provided to the venue and any costs related to this (meal, materials, etc.) will have been billed. If you are unable to attend, someone else may attend in your place under this circumstance.
RSVP Deadline: 12:00 pm (CST) on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this event.